APOLLO BEACH: So exciting. The Apollo Beach Waterway Improvement Group (ABWIG) and several Hillsborough County groups and agencies have worked together for the past 6 years to bring us a restored and beautiful nature preserve and park with TWO stunning beaches as well as dredged canals that will make all boaters sing.
The renovations are now complete so it’s time to celebrate.
What Was Done? The Project
- Installed rock breakwaters to minimize shore erosion
- Dredged the North, South and Main Channels so the threat of running aground is much less. The North Channel is nearly twice as long as it was, and all three channels will be a minimum of 7.5 feet (low tide) and 9 feet at high tide.
- Used the dredged sand to create TWO STUNNING BEACHES: a 5-acre upper beach, near the current pavilion and restrooms, and a lower 2.5 acre beach.
- Apollo Beach Nature Park and Preserve open sun up to sunset.
- Dogs are allowed, on leash; owners must clean up after dogs (poop bags available).
- Restrooms are available.
- There is no lifeguard.
- Trash receptacles available. Let’s keep our beach pristine!
Hooray for Beach Goers! Hooray for Boaters!
- Grand Re-Opening Ceremony: Saturday, October 22, 2016. 10:00AM. Food. Fun. Vendors. Meet the people who’ve given us this wonderful beach and park.
- Official Address: 6760 Surfside Blvd, Apollo Beach, FL 33572
- Directions: Take Apollo Beach Blvd. until it ends. Go right. Go until you hit the Apollo Beach Nature Park and Preserve.